Amazi Water is an NGO based in Bujumbura, Burundi. We partner with other Burundi based NGOs and faith-based organizations in order to provide long term clean water solutions to all of Burundi by 2028
- Organization: Amazi Water
- Position type: Full-time
- Position Title: Executive Assistant
- Reporting To: Executive Director
- Duty Station: Burundi
- Starting Date: Immediately
Amazi Water is the primary, in-country partner for clean water projects in Burundi. In collaboration with others, we are developing a national water strategy with the goal of providing sustainable access to clean water in every community by the end of 2028.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Amazi Water is seeking a dynamic and eager person to join our Team.
- Manage and execute delegated tasks and errands.
- Provide stack assistance in line with the Traction process to support the handling of information coming in and out.
- Respond to emails, delete junk, and summarize informationally. Including donor thank you.
- Daily check-in whether working from home or office or one is traveling.
- Reports from departments and teams
- Coordinate the ED’s schedule and manage time for:
- o Work & Meetings
- o Regular days off
- o Regular visits both to construction and field teams
- o Project and consultant check-ins
- Regular staff days, applicant days, partner days, onboarding days
- Helping prepare for meetings or interviews
- Files for archived stored securely and accessible
- Marketing folders, brochures and business cards available
- Managing office paper, ink, cleaning, stocking and functionality
- Support the ED‘s expense reports in Expensify (American Express, Personal Reimbursement, and Travel)
- Supporting travel plans and bookings
- Complete orders with local vendors
- Submitting receipts for reimbursement
- Making travel arrangements
- Pilot projects
- Before a job or role becomes full time, we usually will have a pilot test project
- Check-in with staff at the house
- Helping provide necessary funds to staff at house Other
- Confidentiality is important for salaries, donated amounts and legal issues we are working through
- Taking minutes during meetings and being available for translation
- Helping the Leadership Team being more effective with TIME and connect with the team members and partners for better SUPPORT.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- High Degree School
- Diploma or certification is a plus
- Experience in communication, management, travel is a plus
- Experience in multi national Business or NGO,
- Experience in communication, management, travel is a plus,
- Support Amazi Water leadership team by managing schedules, communication and support tasks.
- Flexible work schedule and location.
- Excellent MS Office Knowledge
- French and English required Kirundi a plus.
Knowledge of :
- Decision Making
- Discretion and judgment
- Relationship building
ALL EMPLOYEES AT AMAZI WATER MUST DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
- A love for Burundi and Jesus Christ
- Passion for learning and the ability to continue to grow and stretch your skills to adapt to the changing needs of the Organization
- Commitment to the Organization, constantly exceed expectations and high level of team collaboration
- Ability to communicate with government offices and field partners
- Understanding of the need and benefit of clean water
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their Resume (French and/or English) and complete an Amazi Water application to firstname.lastname@example.org. An application form can be found on our website www.amaziwater.org
All applications need to be submitted by 31st July 2020 We may close application early if we receive sufficient applications before the closing date.
Only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.